Manny Caulk Memorial Scholarship Application Open to 2023 Graduates from Fayette County Public Schools who plan to major in education
The Fayette Education Foundation is pleased to announce that applications are being accepted for the 2023 Emmanuel “Manny” Caulk Jr. Memorial Scholarship. This opportunity is open to 2023 graduates from Fayette County Public Schools who plan to major in education. The applications deadline is April 1, 2023 at midnight.
The Emmanuel “Manny” Caulk Jr. Memorial Scholarship, in its third year, will award a one-time $2,500 scholarship to a deserving 2023 graduate. Beginning this year, the scholarship is open only to future teachers or those who will major in education. In response to the teacher shortage and the Fayette County Public School district’s strategic priority of a Highly Effective and Culturally Responsive Workforce, this transition is aimed at increasing the number and diversity of educators.
The Caulk Memorial Scholarship was established in memory of the Fayette County Public Schools superintendent after his death in December 2020. After his selection as the 2019 Kentucky Superintendent of the Year, Manny used his stipend to award a $2,500 scholarship to a Fayette County Public Schools graduate. He had pledged to continue to provide an annual scholarship out of his own pocket. Upon his death, with the blessing of Ms. Caulk, a memorial scholarship fund was started in his memory. To apply, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Graduating Senior from a Fayette County Public high school or program
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA or higher
- Be accepted and enrolled in a two or four-year institution or program within 12 months of graduation
- Plan to study education with the goal of becoming a teacher
- No later than April 1 at midnight, write and submit short answers (each 250 words or less) to each of the following questions:
- What book, teacher, or class has changed the way you think? How?
- What have you learned from someone who is very different from you?
- How has your public-school education prepared you for college?
- Why do you want to teach?
Applicants must complete an online application by midnight on Saturday, April 1, 2023 here: fayettefoundation.org/mcms.
For more information, contact Carrie Boling, Executive Director of The Fayette Education Foundation at email@example.com or 859-489-3805.