The Fayette Education Foundation Announces New Board Members; Executive Committee
LEXINGTON – The Fayette Education Foundation, which supports educational excellence in Fayette County Public Schools by promoting equity for all students, announces its board of directors and executive committee for the new fiscal year beginning July 1, 2021.
The Executive Committee is as follows:
- Chair: Jeff Koonce, Market President, WesBanco
- Vice Chair: Dr. Rodney Jackson, Owner/Dentist, Pediatric Dentistry of Hamburg
- Immediate Past Chair: Alan Stein, retired, LM Communications
- Treasurer: Art Salomon, Owner, Salomon & Company
- At Large: Herb Miller, retired, Columbia Gas of Kentucky
- At Large: Mary Ann Vimont, Associate Professor, College of Education, University of Kentucky
- At Large: Latarika Young, Senior Manager, Quality and Compliance, Lexmark
The Fayette County Schools Superintendent serves in as an ex-officio member of the Foundation’s board of directors. Dr. Demetrus Liggins will replace Acting Superintendent Dr. Marlene Helm when he arrives in Lexington at the end of July.
Four new community members have joined the Board of Directors for a one-year term:
- Chris Ford, Commissioner of Social Services, LFUCG
- DJ Geddes, VP and Director of Sales, Geddes Pool Company
- Kim Parker-Brown, Professor and Teacher Education Chair, Midway University
- Drew Rodriguez, UK Student and Catering Director, Pasta Garage
In addition, two Fayette County Public Schools students have joined the board:
- Sara Falluji, a junior at Paul Laurence Dunbar HS
- Natalia Gonzalez, a senior at Bryan Station HS
Those new members join the charter members of the board of directors, listed below, who begin their second term on July 1, 2021.
- Erich Castillo, president and founder, Cornerstone Wealth Management
- Penny Christian, community volunteer, form president of 16th District PTA
- Ray Daniels, owner, Equity Solutions Group
- Noelle Dick, owner, CycleYou
- Barbara Edelman, partner, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- Phil Greer, ex-officio, Greer Companies
- Daryl Love, AVP Career Services and Professional Development, Kentucky State University
- Lauren Lovely, Personal Trust Officer, Wealth Management, Central Bank & Trust Co.
- Kim Lyon, retired, Fayette County Public Schools
- Kate McAnelly, ex-officio, Chief Academic Officer, Fayette County Public Schools
- Rick Queen, partner/VP, Turf Town Properties
- Kevin Stinnett, Owner/Publisher, The Lane Report’ Premier Financial Group LLC
- Abby Vaughn, Business Development Director, American Trust
- Jane Warner, community volunteer
The Foundation operates independently of the Fayette County Public Schools yet cultivates innovations to benefit students and staff and to enhance the mission of the school district. The Foundation does not serve in an advisory capacity to the school district nor its board, therefore, has no influence over school district policies, programs or operations.