The Fayette Education Foundation is pleased to announce the recipient of the first Celebrate Education and Diversity Scholarship.
William Stanfield, a 2021 graduate of Lafayette High School, was formally awarded the scholarship on Tuesday, June 15. Mr. Stanfield received the $4,500 scholarship based on his essay about “Why Furthering Education or Training After High School is Important to Me.”
Celebrate Educators LLC, the sponsor of the Celebrate Education and Diversity Scholarship, partnered with The Fayette Education Foundation to oversee the scholarship process to give a deserving young person the financial means to continue his or her education. If you are interested in supporting college or trade school scholarships for Fayette County Public School students, contact Carrie Boling, Executive Director, at 859-489-3805..
Mr. Stanfield will attend Transylvania University in the fall.
The Fayette Education Foundation supports educational excellence in Fayette County Public Schools by promoting equity for all students as an independent 501(c)(3) charitable organization. It will provide opportunities for individuals, businesses and the community to invest in the educational needs of Fayette County Public Schools, support the school district’s commitment to equitable access to opportunities and resources for all students, and strive to fulfill unmet educational needs and remove barriers to opportunity.
- We believe that the cornerstone of a strong community is a quality public education system.
- We believe that community prosperity, both quality of life and economic growth, results from increased educational excellence.
- We believe that a vibrant and prosperous community is inextricably linked to the value its community members place on quality education.
- We believe that all community members have a stake in their public schools.
- We believe that all children deserve quality resources to reach their educational potential.
- We believe that investing in our children is investing in the future of our schools, community and society.